SENSING IS WHAT THEY DO
The name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate, or ‘those gifted with sense’. Focus on sensing is also reflected in their logo, which spells Sensata in Braille. Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find Sensata’s 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls. Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so they take pride in knowing their technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
Sensata’s vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world. There are four major trends that will shape Sensata’s prime markets over the next decade:
Clean & Efficient
Sensata sensors are being used to make more efficient industrial pumps, improve fuel efficiency in cars and heavy off-road vehicles and more.
As electric vehicles rise in popularity and demand, they require sensors to monitor and optimize everything from battery systems to thermal management systems.
Sensata is developing sensors that will enable light passenger cars, off-road vehicles and material handling equipment to operate autonomously.
Smart & Connected
Sensata is developing smart, connected sensors that enable actionable insights for commercial vehicle operators.
A Message from the CEO:
“Sensata has a long and proud history of being a neighbor of choice by supporting the communities in which we operate. As our products help make the world safer, cleaner and more energy efficient, so too can our Company play a bigger role in supporting larger societal challenges – like supporting the engineers of the future; our planet and our communities. As a company, we are committed to sustainable environmental initiatives and sound social and governance practices at all Sensata locations globally. Additionally, through our corporate matching gifts and employee volunteer programs, Sensata provides funding and volunteer hours to qualifying charitable entities that support our core initiatives.”
-Martha Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer
If you would like to become the proud owner of some Sensata Technologies products, fill out a quote request form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Power Products by GIGAVAC
GIGAVAC products offer mission-critical, high voltage components for electric vehicles and equipment across a variety of industries and applications. As a leading supplier of power contactors, switches and fuses; GIGAVAC provides reliable and energy efficient solutions for a cleaner environment.
All high power relays, power contactors, and DC disconnect switches are designed and manufactured at Sensata’s state-of-the-art factory in Carpinteria, California. GIGAVAC’s extensive line also includes compact high-voltage relays and high-voltage reed relays for specialized DC and RF application requirements. With an engineering staff of thirty plus, Sensata can also provide special modifications to meet your every need. Looking for a relay distributor or contactor distributor? GIGAVAC invests in having inventory to provide most products from stock or within a short lead-time. You can purchase high-voltage relays, DC contactors, manual disconnect switches, or other GIGAVAC products from one piece to thousands directly from GIGAVAC, your source for Advanced Switching Solutions.
Electrical Protection Products
Design and production of electrical protection devices for aircraft, home appliances, automotive, heavy vehicle, industrial and military/defense applications makes Sensata Technologies and Klixon the world leader in the industry.
With a comprehensive range of solutions, Sensata can meet all of your electrical protection needs, to fit even the most rugged applications. Count on them for:
- Cutting-edge devices that are easily configurable and customizable to meet your specific requirements.
- Qualifications across a wide range of standards, including Military (MS), aerospace (AS) and international (ISO) .
- A deep understanding of your industry’s unique engineering challenges and market trends.
The design process is engineer-to-engineer, and brings a forward-looking approach at marketplace requirements to develop innovative new solutions.
Electronic Operator Controls
High quality. Rugged design. Wide output configuration. And superior accuracy. These are the hallmarks of our standard-setting portfolio of electronic controls.
A comprehensive range of switches, grips, joysticks and rockers offers you one source for all your electrical control needs. Here are some of the benefits Sensata delivers:
- Extremely precise, efficient man-machine interfaces.
- Ergonomic shape and operation that’s ideal for mounting on hydraulic levers, electronic joysticks and more.
- Devices that are specifically designed and rigorously tested for harsh applications like agriculture, construction and off-road heavy vehicle use.
Controls are also highly customizable. With a worldwide network of technical experts, Sensata can work with you, engineer-to- engineer, to tailor the right solutions for your most demanding applications.
What do you get when you combine proven Piezo-resistive Microfused Silicon Strain Gauge Sensor (MSG) technology and vast Force Sensing experience? Best-in-class performance and accuracy in harsh environments.
We’re at the forefront of MSG technology, with more than 300 million MSG-type sensors in the field. Sensata keeps improving performance and cost, with innovations including:
- Direct caliper motor/spindle integration for Brake by Wire systems.
- Extra-small form factor MSG sensors that weigh less than five grams.
- Facilitating system-level miniaturization.
- Advanced button-type sensors designed to lower costs and improve accuracy.
Best of all, they’re ready and willing to develop new force sensing solutions that are custom-tailored to your specific needs.
Inverters & Chargers
Sensata | Magnum-Dimensions provides a comprehensive range of inverters, inverter/chargers and converters that combines the smart technology you want with the rugged and durable design structure you need.
Sensata | Magnum-Dimensions products are integral to thousands of applications around the world including backup, grid-tied and off-grid power, marine and military uses, renewable energy, RVs and work trucks. As unique as each device is, we understand that all share a few things in common:
- High quality.
- Rugged design.
- Competitive pricing.
- Expert technical and sales support.
- Made in the USA.
Need a custom-engineered solution? Sensata’s experts will collaborate with you, engineer-to-engineer, to create the perfect fit for your exact specifications.
Motors & Actuators
Efficient designs provide compact, high torque density, wide operating temperature ranges and rugged reliability, even in harsh environments. Sensata Technologies and their BEI Kimco brand, offer a versatile group of highly powerful and mission-critical systems, custom to fit your applications.
When you choose from an extensive range of motors and actuators, you’ll also gain these Sensata advantages:
- Proprietary custom magnetics design capabilities.
- Advanced finite element, thermal and product reliability analyses.
- Cost-effective manufacturing and design options.
Build on a vast database of existing designs, or collaborate with technical experts, engineer to engineer, to customize innovative solutions for your next application.
Position Sensors & Encoders
Kavlico, Newall and BEI Sensors provide highly engineered position devices designed to deliver accurate and effective communication between operator and machine — even in the harshest environments.
- High quality.
- Competitive pricing.
Sensata’s position line from Kavlico, BEI Sensors and Newall, make highly-engineered devices that span the entire range of position sensors, linear and rotary encoders, potentiometers, draw wires and inclinometers.
Power Controls & Circuit Breakers
A broad portfolio of breakers delivers consistent quality, with precisely the size, shape, electrical and mechanical features you need. All at competitive prices.
This broad portfolio includes highly configurable, customizable breaker families that offer:
- Stable trip performance from -40ºC to 85ºC.
- Reliable operation up to 100G shock for commercial uses and 150G shock for military applications.
- The UL, IEC, CCC and Military agency ratings you need for safe, compliant performance.
- High power density in an array of shapes and sizes to facilitate mechanical integration.
Sensata’s expert support team will work with you to develop custom solutions; and, with their two strategically located manufacturing facilities, you can count on an uninterrupted supply of the products you need.
Pressure Sensors & Switches
Sensata produces millions of highly-engineered pressure devices each year. Featuring three advanced sensing technologies, they can help make your products safer, cleaner and more energy-efficient than ever.
Whatever configuration you require, Sensata’s devices span a spectrum of pressure ranges, configurations and form factors:
- High pressure (>750psi / 50bar)
Microfused Strain Gage solutions provides rugged reliability and a hermetic seal for a wide variety of environments.
- Mid pressure (100 to 750psi / 6 to 50 bar)
Ceramic capacitive or MEMS solutions offer a wide range of solutions tailored to application needs at superior value.
- Low pressure (inches of water to 100psi / 2mbar to 6 bar)
MEMS solutions including TPMS offer extremely low power consumption and wireless connectivity.
Semiconductor Interconect Devices
A wide range of interconnect devices, specialized capabilities and collaborative design process can help you meet your toughest engineering challenges. Sensata | Qinex, offers the largest interconnect portfolio for burn-in reliability and test applications, driving high functionality in compact form factors.
Are you looking for an off-the-shelf burn-in test socket or custom CSP? Sensata | Qinex offers the largest interconnect portfolio for burn-in, reliability, and test applications. A broad BGA socket family for logic and all memory types. These highly-reliable, easily customizable sockets feature:
- Materials that are usable in all backend BI/reliability applications.
- High IO count capability.
- Fine pitch down to 0.25.
- The industry’s smallest DDR4 and DDR5 socket outline.
- Advanced plating technologies and custom outlines.
Engage in engineer-to-engineer design processes, and they’ll work closely with you to create the best solutions for your challenges.
Highly-engineered speed sensors are used in a wide variety of automotive systems to improve emissions, fuel economy, safety, comfort and reliability.
Automotive OEMs and Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers count on Sensata’s speed sensors to deliver critical input to ignition, emissions, ABS, turbocharger, combustion, stability and shift control systems. Partnering with their customers, engineer to engineer, to create innovative, customized solutions like:
- Turbo speed sensors that facilitate radical boost profiles and enhance engine performance by moving turbochargers closer to compressor map edges.
- Variable reluctance (VR) and Hall Effect IC (HE) speed sensors that accurately measure speed or position with simple installation and easy target alignment.
Leading the way in non-contacting Hall & Magneto-Resistive, Eddy Current and Inductive technologies are ready and willing to tailor their solutions to your specific needs.
Switches & Relays
When you choose Sensata switches and relays, you gain a double advantage — extremely high quality devices plus Sensata’s collaborative design process.
Sensata switches and relays are engineered to withstand the harshest conditions — from deep space to the ocean floor. Wherever you need great performance, they make it practical, with:
- A portfolio of devices encompassing AC and DC output and numerous mounting styles.
- Our unique, engineer-to- engineer design process.
At Sensata, they encourage you to collaborate with their technical and sales experts. Discover how they can help you create customized solutions for your most demanding applications.
Temperature Sensors & Switches
No matter how extreme the thermal environment — from -40ºC to 1,200ºC — temperature switches and sensors are available to optimize your design’s performance.
Sensata offers a comprehensive array of reliable, accurate, competitively priced devices, in a variety of packaging options. Manufacturing is automotive-grade, and customization capabilities are unparalleled. Here’s just a sample of our solutions:
- High Temperature Sensors (PTC – Positive Temperature Coefficient Thermistor and DTC – Digital ThermoCouple) that enable engine controllers to appropriately regulate automotive exhaust gas aftertreatment systems.
- Custom solutions for HVAC and industrial applications, featuring the fastest responding immersion package on the market today.
- High precision thermostats that help our aerospace customers ensure temperature protection and control in harsh environments.
In addition, their leadership is built on in temperature devices and pressure sensors to develop competitive solutions that combine pressure and temperature.
Thermal Management & Forcing Solutions
Sensata | Qinex offers a complete selection of precision and thermal control solutions that enable extreme temperature forcing across a multitude of packages and interfaces.
Sensata | Qinex brand provides solutions that are easy to integrate into your test environment or into production ATE Test Equipment. Their standard-setting features include:
- Proven thermal control methodology for superior power handling and precision stability.
- Cutting-edge, liquid-free phase change heat transfer technology, for quiet, portable, fast stabilization.
- Extreme temperature forcing range, from -55ºC to 250ºC.
- Ultra-fast response in the industry’s smallest footprint.
Along with superior products, you’ll get worldwide applications and technical support to assist you in selecting the best solution for your application.